This week has flown by, and I cannot believe we’re nearly halfway into April already. I’ve spent a lot of time thinking about time this week (ha), and how much of mine I’ve managed to savour recently. I used to be the person who would watch their life flash by, unaware that I’d be passing up on amazing opportunities and experiences, letting anxiety hold me back and allowing depression to swallow me up. I don’t do that anymore, and I owe much of that to the support network I have around me. I’m still learning to say yes to more things, and to use the time I have to better myself and the life I’m living.
A lot has happened this week. My favourite bits were:
- I’m going to be volunteering with a mental health charity very close to my heart, and I have my passion for writing to thank for that. Isn’t it lovely when something you love brings you incredible opportunities?
- One of my favourite bloggers, Emma Gannon, tweeted me, after I listened to an incredibly inspirational podcast she’s currently working on. You can listen to it here.
- I saw two of my oldest friends and we made pancakes and talked weddings. One of them has passed her driving test and the other has just bought a flat. We’re all so grown up now!
- We’ve nearly finished decorating our bedroom, and it’s a little piece of heaven, if I do say so myself! I’ll do a little blogpost on it when we’re done!
- I’ve made some progress with a medical condition I’ve been battling, and should soon be getting some answers!
- I’ve received even more responses from my call-out to fellow mental health sufferers, and the stories I’ve been trusted to share with you have had me laughing and crying. It’s so nice to see people willing to speak about their problems, and I can’t thank you all enough.
- I washed all my make up brushes this morning, and they are SO SOFT.
- I made it to Bristol ALL ON MY OWN on Friday. The only place I got a little bit lost was in Bristol train station, and for me, that’s a big deal.
I guess this week hasn’t been the most exciting, but I’ve been really enjoying my new found motivation for general life!
Until next week, xx